Compensation for Injuries After an Auto Accident
Most car accidents result in some type of financial losses, whether the accident involved relatively minor property damage or resulted in catastrophic injuries. Because the circumstances of collisions can vary so widely, so can the settlements and awards received by accident victims, and such settlements and awards can range from a few thousand dollars well into the millions of dollars. Following an accident, one of the first questions from victims is: What is my case worth?
As with most legal questions, the answer depends on the specific circumstances of your case and an experienced auto accident lawyer can fully evaluate your situation to estimate your potential damages. The following are some examples of compensation commonly received in car accident claims:
- Medical expenses – Medical costs can include emergency care, surgeries, diagnostic tests, hospital and ICU stays, medications, medical equipment, rehabilitative therapy, home health care, assisted living, doctor’s visits, and more.
- Lost earnings – If you have to miss work during recovery, you can recover for lost income, overtime, and benefits.
- Future financial losses – If you are still undergoing treatment or are not yet able to return to work at the time of your claim, you can receive compensation for the estimated medical costs and lost wages you will incur in the future.
- Pain and suffering – Compensation is available for the pain and suffering you experienced as a result of your injuries.
- Emotional distress – Emotional injuries can result from both the pain and impairments caused by your injuries and also the trauma of the collision itself (e.g. PTSD).
- Loss of enjoyment of life – Injuries can prevent you from engaging in many activities that you once enjoyed and you can be compensated for the loss of everyday pleasure and happiness.
- Permanent disability or disfigurement – If your accident-related injuries resulted in permanent disabilities or disfigurement, part of your settlement can compensate you for the challenges that accompany your disability.
Some losses are tangible and easier to prove than others. It is imperative to have an experienced auto accident attorney help determine the full amount of compensation to which you are entitled.
Call for a Free Consultation with an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Today
Anyone who has sustained serious injuries in an auto accident should discuss a possible personal injury claim with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Attorney Michael Siddons has helped many auto accident victims in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland obtain the compensation they deserved for their specific losses. Please call the Law Office Of Michael Alan Siddons at 609-285-3999 for a free consultation and case evaluation today.