Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Attorney
MICHAEL ALAN SIDDONS, ESQUIRE
Providing Bankruptcy and Personal Injury Services in Media, PA, Rising Sun, MD & Staten Island, NY
Martindale-Hubbell AV “Preeminent” rated attorney. AVVO rated “Superb” 10.0 out of 10.0 “Superb.” Over ten years of experience. The primary area of concentration is: Bankruptcy, Personal Injury, Real Estate Law, Business Law, Commercial Litigation, Taxation.
Notable types of cases include: sales and acquisitions of premier office buildings, shopping centers, and apartment complexes, joint ventures, partnerships, and limited liability companies, commercial leases for retail, office, and warehouse space, financing of multi-state portfolio transactions, including those involving securitized mortgages and mezzanine debt.
Litigated Mechanics’ Lien Claims, Title and Easement Claims, Landlord-Tenant matters, Mortgage Foreclosure and Construction Defect Litigation. Has successfully conducted over 600 property assessment appeals throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania, including properties subject to preferential assessments.
Versed in all facets of collections practice, from dunning through execution on judgments and garnishment. Skilled bankruptcy practitioner. Has represented a wide range of clients, including public government, banking institutions, Fortune 500 companies, real estate developers, financial institutions, property management companies, secured and unsecured creditors of all types, lessors and sellers of real-estate, equipment and other personal property, executives and management of companies, parties to all types of executory contracts with debtors, plaintiffs and defendants in 547 preference and similar actions, and other bankruptcy related litigation.
Education & Achievements
- Master of Laws- Taxation
Villanova University School of Law-August, 2005
- Juris Doctor
Widener University School of Law-December, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts-American Studies
Pennsylvania State University-May, 1998
- Pennsylvania, U.S. Federal Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Federal Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Federal Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey, U.S. Federal Court District of New Jersey
- Maryland, United States District Court District of Maryland
- New York, United States District Court Eastern District of New York
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals Third Circuit.
- Represented Blockbuster, Inc. with regard to litigation of defaulted commercial leases, (pre-bankruptcy).
- Represented U.S. Bancorp Equipment Finance in U.S. Federal District Court in replevin matters.
- Represented New York State Liquidators Office to execute on $30 Million Dollar Judgment in Pennsylvania against former principles of looted Nassau Insurance Company.
- Represent Wentworth Property Management in litigation to compel specific performance of property management agreement.
- Represent Chrysler Financial Services against debtor’s declaratory judgment action.
- Represent Pennoni, Inc. as collections counsel for over $1 million dollars of defaulted engineering contracts.
- Represent Wilkinson Associates, Inc. as collections counsel for over $500,000 dollars of defaulted engineering contracts.
- Represent Advanced Geoservices Corp as collections counsel.
- Successfully argued over 600 property assessment appeal cases before the assessment appeal boards of Southeastern, Pennsylvania.
- Represented disabled homeowner involved in a mortgage foreclosure matter that resulted in a favorable confidential settlement against the FDIC as receiver of Washington Mutual Bank, in a removal action to U.S. Federal Court.
- Successfully negotiated several multi-million dollar Marcellus Shale gas leases throughout North-Central Pennsylvania.
- Defended Mid-West compounding pharmacy in U.S. District Court of New Jersey breach of pharmaceutical licensing agreement and patent infringement case.
- Represented the City of Philadelphia with regard to the collection of the Philadelphia Tax Lien Securitization of 1997.
- The Law Office of Michael Alan Siddons, Esquire: Media, Pennsylvania 2013-Present.
- Principal- Area of Concentration: Real Estate Law, Business Law, Commercial Litigation, Bankruptcy, Debtor-Creditor’s Rights.
- Extensive commercial litigation experience of complex business and real estate transactions.
- Notable types of cases include: sales and acquisitions of premier office buildings, shopping centers, and apartment complexes, joint ventures, partnerships, and limited liability companies, commercial leases for retail, office, warehouse space, financing of multi-state portfolio transactions, including those involving securitized mortgages and mezzanine debt.
- American Bar Association: Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association: Member
- Safari Club International: Delaware Valley Chapter
Board of Directors-President
- Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania: West Chester, Pennsylvania
Pro Bono Attorney
- Knights of Columbus Old Bohemia
- 2009 Recipient of Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, “Outstanding Achievement in Pro Bono Representation Award.”
- 2014 Recipient of the American Institute of Bankruptcy Attorneys 10 Best Bankruptcy Attorneys in Pennsylvania Client Satisfaction Award
- 2013 Top Rated Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy Attorneys: Selected by ALM for inclusion in the March 2013 issues of The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, and The National Law Journal as among 2013 Top Rated Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy Attorneys.
- 2013 Philadelphia’s Top Rated Lawyers. Selected by ALM for inclusion in the December 2013 edition of Philadelphia’s Top-Rated Lawyers.
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- 10.0 rated by AVVO
- Author, “I Just Received a Marcellus Shale Gas Lease Proposal…Now What?” (December 2009) Author, “Home Improvement Contractors Beware”- Margolis Edelstein (January 2010)
- Panelist, “Marcellus Shale Workshop” sponsored by Penn State Coop and Advanced GeoServices Corp., Williamsport, PA. (April 2010)
- Author, “Is Your Independent Contractor an ‘Employee’?”- Margolis Edelstein (February 2011)
- Author, “The Importance of Business Succession Planning”-Margolis Edelstein (April 2011)
- Author, “Pennsylvania’s Mechanics’ Lien Law-An Update”- Margolis Edelstein (June 2011)
- Panelist, Business Succession Planning, sponsored by Delaware County Chamber of Commerce and Creative Financial Group, Delaware County Community College (June 2011)
- Author, “Avoiding Preference Litigation in Collection Matters”-Margolis Edelstein (July 2011)
- Author, “The Truth on Tax Resolution Companies and IRS Offers-In-Compromise”-Margolis Edelstein (July 2011)
- Panelist, “BOOT CAMP: Foreclosure and Loan Workout Procedures”-National Business Institute, Philadelphia, PA. (February 2012)
FOR PENNSYLVANIA BANKRUPTCY ADVICE CONTACT ATTORNEY MICHAEL SIDDONS
Get A Free Consultation
COUNTIES WE SERVICE
Maryland – Caroline, Cecil, Dorchester, Hartford, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, Worcester.
New Jersey – Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer, Salem.
New York – Brooklyn, Richmond, Staten Island.
Pennsylvania – Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northhampton, Philadelphia, York